Pathway to 18: Concurrent Enrollment Credentialing
Concurrent enrollment instructors play a vital role in preparing high school students for college and a career. The Higher Learning Commission (HLC) requires colleges and universities awarding credit to have qualified faculty with discipline-specific credentials, including concurrent enrollment instructors.
For teachers in the liberal arts, the HLC requires a master’s degree or higher in the subject taught OR a master’s degree or higher in another discipline + 18 graduate credits in the subject taught.
Pathway to 18 is here to here to help! The seven universities of Minnesota State created Pathway to 18 to help high school teachers get the credentials they need quickly and affordably. Pathway to 18 offers integrated resources – everything your teachers need – in one convenient place. Through the centralized website hub, Pathway to 18 provides teachers with:
- A broad array of courses, including online options, across our seven universities.
- Tuition support opportunities.
- Credit for Prior Learning, which allows teachers to earn up to six credits with qualifying experiences.
- Human customer service support evenings and weekends for busy professionals.
- New resources continually added to make the process even easier.
- Register today for one or more information sessions available this spring! Learn more about concurrent enrollment credentialing and the opportunities available through Pathway to 18 and get your questions answered.
Tuesday, March 29 | 3:00PM CT
Monday, April 25 | 3:00PM CT
Highlighting Pathway to 18 and Credit for Prior Learning
Wednesday, May 18 | 3:00PM CT
Highlighting Pathway to 18 and Master’s Degree Options and Certificates
© 2022 Midwestern Higher Education Compact